The Association of the United States Army (AUSA) is a private, non-profit (501c3) educational organization that supports America’s Total Army force. AUSA is the country’s largest non-profit supporter of the Army. At nearly 75,000 members strong, AUSA is a powerful voice on Capitol Hill. AUSA made up of nearly 100 local chapters spread across the country, indeed around the world.
The Greater Los Angeles Chapter of the Association of the United States Army (GLAC AUSA) is comprised of: currently serving Soldiers (National Guard, U.S. Army Reserve, and regular Army) and their families; Veterans, many involved in the defense industry, local businesses, and many others who love and support the Army.
This year marks the 60th anniversary of the founding of the GLAC.
WHAT WE ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT
We have a passion for taking care of Soldiers, Veterans and their families. We are looking at a generation of Soldiers facing unemployment, PTSD and reintegration into civilian life. They need help far beyond what they will get from the government. We have to be super warriors on their behalf.
We are passionate about the future of our country, our Army and our community. We believe that encouraging young people to embrace the values of the U.S. Army is a very important mission. We are very involved in the Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC), which is the high school level and the ROTC, which is the college level.
Much of the area within GLAC AUSA’s area of responsibility remains unaware or uninformed about the role the Army, our local Soldiers and their families play within our community. We see a tremendous need for AUSA to provide the “Voice of the Army” within our area. GLAC AUSA supports America’s Army in Southern California – both current and future Soldiers. This includes: active duty Army; Army National Guard; Army Reserve; wounded warriors; JROTC and ROTC cadets; veterans; and family members. Our chapter consists of an all-volunteer team.
GLAC AUSA aims to ensure that every member of the Greater Los Angeles area Army community – past, present and future – receives the benefits they earned and the support they need to optimize their effectiveness as an Army force in the Greater Los Angeles area.
OUR MISSION IS
- To promote, execute and advocate readiness programs for all three Army components within our area of responsibility (Active, Guard and Reserve) as well as their families
- To support retirees and non-active Soldiers
- To create opportunities for Army and Army-related Industry dialog
- To advocate public awareness of Army and national security issues
- To maintain an outreach program to national leadership on critical issues pertinent to the Army community within the greater Los Angeles area. This enhances the Army’s ability to perform its role in national security, homeland security, and humanitarian response
- To provide an outreach channel the results in community engagement
- To support both Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Battalions and mission within our AOR as well the Junior ROTC (JROTC) educational programs.