AUSA Day at Joint Forces Training Base
March 22, 2018
Joint Forces Training Base, Los Alamitos
This is an exciting opportunity to see behind the scenes at this busy and critical installation.
Lunch and Tour of Joint Forces Training Base (JFTB) Los Alamitos
11:30 a.m. Thursday, 30 April 2015. Tour should end by 3:30 p.m.
Fiddlers Green Pub, JFTB
Building # 19
11200 Lexington Drive
Los Alamitos, CA 90720-500
Military Police at main gate on Lexington Drive will provide directions.
LTC (Ret) Tom Lasser
firstname.lastname@example.org / 310-562-1121
Casual attire. Dress comfortably since you will be getting in and out of the bus and the using the range. Ladies should wear flat shoes.
You must have photo I.D to enter the base.
Lunch: $20 Tour: Free
Deadline to RSVP is 27 April. Space is limited to 40 guests. RSVP to Tom Lasser (above)
JFTB Welcome and briefing by the Base Commander
- New headquarters for the 40th Infantry Division, California National Guard
- Los Alamitos Army Airfield – helicopters, aviation operations and meet Soldiers that work at the Airfield
- All participants will get an opportunity to fire a variety of Army small arms weapons at the indoor electronic engagement skill trainer
- Participants will also drive HMMVV's at the vehicle convoy trainer which simulates actual combat convoy driving. Both simulators are actual training devices used to prepare Soldiers for combat operations.
- The final stop will be at the JFTB Veterans Service Center where you will be briefed on how local veterans from the region and their families are being helped each month at this important support center
Located on the base are the 40th Infantry Division of the California National Guard, the 79th Support Sustainment Command for the United States Army Reserve, and 11th Military Police Brigade, also of the US Army Reserves. Other tenants include the Sunburst Youth Academy, the Governors Office of Emergency Services (CA-OES) and the Southern California emergency command post, Operation Med-Fly and the USA Water Polo National Aquatic Center and Pool.
Bring your cameras!